How to open Disk Cleanup tool in Windows10: Disk cleanup is a built-in tool in Windows Operating System that you can use to clean unnecessary files (Temporary Internet Files, Temporary Files, Thumbnails cache, files in Recycle Bin, etc.) on the hard disks and free up the disk space.
There are many ways to open the Windows disk cleanup tool. And this guide will show you list ways for you to access the Disk cleanup Windows 10 tool.
Continue reading the easy ways to open Disk Cleanup Windows 10.
Method 1: Using “cleanmgr” command
- Type “cleanmgr” command in the Run dialog box and press enter.
2. Please select the system drive, which you want to clean up and click OK
3. Now the cleanmgr tool will load some time and will get a Window having several options to select for the disk cleanup process. Tick the boxes of all the different types of temporary files that you would like to clean up. In most cases you would tick all of the boxes, you can view the associated files by clicking the VIEW FILES button.
4. When you have finished with your selections click the OK button.
5. Once the dialogue box has closed your temporary files have been removed.
Method 2: Search for Disk Cleanup
- Search for Disk Cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the search for results.
2. Once you open the disk cleanup tool, you can follow the Method 1 steps from 2 to 5 for cleaning the unnecessary files.
Method 3: Start Disk Cleanup tool through Command Prompt
- Open Command Prompt
- Type cleanmgr in the Command Prompt window, and then press Enter. Now the Disk cleanup tool will appear.
Method 4: Open Disk Cleanup tool via Windows Powershell
- Click the Search button on the taskbar, type PowerShell in the empty box and click Windows PowerShell to open it.
2. Type cleanmgr in the PowerShell window, and then press Enter. Now the Disk cleanup tool will appear.
Method 5: Open Disk Cleanup tool from Administrative Tools
- Click the Search button on the taskbar, type administrative tools in the empty box and click Administrative tools to open it.
2. Find and double-click Disk Cleanup in the tools.
Method 6: Open Disk Cleanup tool via Control panel
- Access Control panel
- type disk cleanup in the top-right search box, and click on Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files option.
Please leave the command below for related queries. we will do our best to help you. Have a Great Time ahead…