How to Optimize Windows 10 performance – speed up and clean up: Computer can become slow for a variety of reasons. The hardware might be overheating, some drivers may be off or outdated, or your PC might just be clogged up by running too many programs. Sometimes, all you need is to give it a shutdown and restart.
But when that doesn’t work, you’ll need a more active approach. This guide will show you how to optimize Windows 10 computer in an efficient way.
Request you to follow the steps one by one to get better results and avoid complications in performing tasks.
Continue reading the easy ways to optimize Windows 10 computer.
For Windows 10
1. Create a restore point: Always highly recommend to create a restore point before performing any system-level changes.
- Type “sysdm.cpl” command in the Run dialog box (Windows key + R)
- Select the “System protection” tab on system properties Window
- Select on the system drive (normally C drive) and click the create button.
- Type a description and click create button for creating a restore point
To know more ways of creating a restore point, click here…
2. Delete temporary files
- Type “temp”, “%temp%” and “prefetch” command in the Run dialog box and press enter respectively to open these folders. You can delete files inside these folders to make some space on your computer.
To get a detailed view of deleting temporary files, click here…
3. Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Type “cleanmgr” command in the Run dialog box and press enter.
- Please select the system drive, which you want to clean up and click OK
- Now the cleanmgr tool will load some time and will get a Window having several options to select for the disk cleanup process.
- Once you select the items which you want to delete, you can click OK.
To know different ways to open the Windows disk cleanup tool, click here…
4. System configuration (Msconfig): Msconfig is a system configuration utility, mainly used to configure how a system start (what programs and services load when Windows starts). Please follow the below steps to make some changes in the system configuration to improve the system performance.
- Type “msconfig” command in the Run dialog box and press enter.
- Now you will get a system configuration window
- In general tab make sure that selected Normal Startup
- Select Boot tab set timeout as 3 seconds, for fast system startup
- Select the services tab next, make sure that you check “Hide all Microsoft services” before unchecking any unwanted services here.
- The next tab is Startup and Click “Open Task Manager” option. You will get now a task manager with startup items on your computer. Please disable all the program which you don’t want while Windows startup.
To know different ways to open system configuration, click here…
5. Add or remove programs (appwiz.cpl): remove unwanted software
- Type appwiz.cpl command in the Run dialog box and press enter
- Once you get programs and features window, delete all unwanted software.
To know different ways of removing programs from Windows 10 machine, click here…
6. Run a scan using the Antivirus
- If you already purchased antivirus software and installed it on your computer. Please go ahead with a complete scan.
- If no antivirus yet installed on your computer, please install and run the free version of Malwarebytes(To download Malwarebytes, click here…).
Best antivirus in the Market for Windows OS, click here…
You can restart your computer after the antivirus scan and have a check on your computer’s performance.
Please leave the command below for related queries. We will do our best to help you. Have a Great Time ahead…