How to uninstall programs in Windows 10: Uninstalling unwanted programs from the computer is one of the most common tasks that all the computer users perform. If you are new to Windows 10 you may not know how to remove every app. Programs and features in the control panel will allow you to uninstall installed applications but not apps installed via the Windows Store.
This guide will show you the different ways of how to uninstall programs in Windows 10.
Continue reading the easy ways to uninstall programs in Windows 10.
Method 1: Accessing Windows Apps and Features option
Here is the way to uninstall any program in Windows 10 even if you don’t know what kind of app it is.
- Open Start Menu by clicking the Windows icon on the bottom left corner.
2. Then click Settings
3. Click Apps on the Settings menu (If you are not able to see any apps option, select System. Apps option won’t able to see If you are using an old version of Windows OS. To know how to update your windows to the latest version, click here…)
4. Select Apps and Features from the left pane. Now you will see a list of installed apps in the right pane.
5. Select apps you wish to uninstall from your computer.
6. Click the Uninstall button that appears. If it is grayed out, understand that this is a system app you cannot remove.
7. Click the uninstall pop up button to confirm.
Once you confirm the uninstall pop up button, the app will remove from your computer permanently.
Method 2: Accessing Windows programs and features from Control panel
From the control panel, you can only uninstall the desktop programs, not apps. Follow the steps below to uninstall desktop programs
- Open start menu, search for control panel from the taskbar and select it from the search of results.
2. Go to Programs and Features (be sure that view by is set to Small icons or large icons)
3. Find the program you want to remove from the computer and click Uninstall.
4. Click Yes in the pop-up window asking if you are sure to uninstall the program from your computer.
Method 3: Uninstall Programs on Windows 10 from the Start Menu
You can uninstall both apps and normal desktop programs directly from the Start menu. To do the same try following the below steps.
- Go to Start> All apps and find the application or program you want to remove.
2. Right-click on it and choose Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
3. If you are uninstalling an application, you will see a pop-up window telling that this app and its related information will be uninstalled. You need to click Uninstall to complete the process.
4. If you are uninstalling a desktop program, you will be able to see the Programs and Features window once after clicking the uninstall option. Find the software from programs and features that you want to uninstall, select it and click Uninstall. Then a pop-up window will appear asking you if you are sure to uninstall the program. Click Yes and the program will be uninstalled.
Please leave the command below for related queries. we will do our best to help you. Have a Great Time ahead…